Dec 15, 2021
MoU Signing for the Establishment of Polytechnic Institute for Construction Workforce Development
The Government of Nepal and the Government of the Republic of Korea signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the “Establishment of Polytechnic Institute for Construction Workforce Development” in Province 2, Nepal.
The MoU was signed by Mr. Madhu Kumar Marasini, Secretary of Ministry of Finance and H.E. Park Chong-Suk, Korean Ambassador to Nepal on behalf of their respective governments at the Ministry of Finance, Singhadurbar, Kathmandu on December 15, 2021. During the MoU signing ceremony, Mr. Jeeb Narayan Kafle, Member Secretary, Mr. Anoj Bhattarai Director and Focal Person for the project, and Mr. Raman Kumar Mehta, Principal of Nirmal Lama Polytechnic Institute were representing CTEVT. CTEVT is the implementing organization of the project.
Mr. Madhu Kumar Marasini, Secretary of Ministry of Finance, highly appreciated the cooperation extended by South Korea, especially on TVET sector. He further added that the national unemployment problems would be solved only through the development of technical education.
Likewise, Korean Ambassador to Nepal H.E. Park Chong-Suk expressed his belief that the project would significantly contribute in producing skilled human resources and Nirmal Lama Polytechnic School would be benchmark for upcoming model polytechnics in Nepal.
Project Name: Establishment of Polytechnic Institute for the Construction Workforce Development
Implementing Organization: Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)
Project Budget: USD 8.6 million
Project Duration: 2021 to 2027
Project Location: Province 2, Mahottari, Bardebas, Khairmara
Project Objectives: Contribute to economic growth of Nepal by producing skilled workforce to meet the need of construction industry and increasing their employability by.
- Functioning as a TVET hub for:
- Technical Education and Vocational Training (Diploma, Pre-Diploma and Short-Term Training
- TVET workforce capacity development including training of trainers (ToTs), Instructional Skills (IS), Occupational Skills Upgrading (OSU)
- National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) testing
- Facilitating to design/develop NVQ-based TVET program/curricula for construction sector
- Enhancing capacity of TVET workforce and students
- Establishing strong partnership with industries and communities.